About Me

Monday, January 11, 2016

First Year and Beyond

It's the New Year, but now my new year is actually kind of old! As a new teacher, it has been nearly impossible to find a teacher blog by a teacher who uses the High Scope curriculum in a preschool program. Well, here it is! I am in the midst of my training to be High Scope certified and there is a lot going around about High Scope (fact and fiction). I hope this blog will help someone and be a way to communicate ideas that I learn or have witnessed.
By no means, am I an expert on the High Scope curriculum. I am going on my 6th month of using High Scope in the classroom and on my 9th month of total exposure. My first exposure was in my preschool placement from January 2015 to April 2015, in a Head Start classroom (3-5 year olds) using the High Scope curriculum [loosely] . My next experience is my first job in my career field as a GSRP preschool teacher (4 year olds) using and being trained in the High Scope curriculum. It has been a whirlwind trying to fully understand and use it appropriately! Welcome to my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment